Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

• 1.  Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Jun 28, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi,

We are using ca agile connectivity in our web application. we use web services to pull data to agile and webhooks for get data from agile,

The connectivity working fine, but the Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

• 2.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 01:00 PM

Thank you Sharma.

Normally the webhook response time is instantaneous, however, sometimes it lags. It is happening occasionally but should not happen often. It normally 'fixes itself within a few hours'.

Is that your experience as well?

Sagi 

• 3.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Jun 29, 2018 12:56 AM

Hello Sagi,

Thanks for replying.

Now, It seems that webhooks are working fine. i will do regression testing to check whether issue exists or not.

In case issue exists, i will let you know.

As far as our experience with CA Agile integration, we are working since last 3 month without any issue. but from last 2 weeks we are facing this issue more often.

I Also want to know is it related to deprecation of TLS1.0 and 1.1 on CA Agile, which was postponed by your team 2 days ago.

Thank you so much.

With Regards,

• 4.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Jun 29, 2018 05:34 AM

Hi Sagi,

After some regression testing. i found that initially it works fine and response was quick but after some time it is getting slow and slow. (almost 15 min. to respond)

Please see below example of my webhook.

"rule": {
             "LastUpdateDate": "2018-06-29T09:09:09.336Z",
             "Expressions": [
             {
                 "AttributeID": null,
                 "AttributeName": "Name",
                 "Operator": "!=",
                 "Value": ""
              }
        ],
        "SubscriptionID": 150816,
        "ObjectTypes": [
        "Feature"
        ],
    "_type": "webhook",
    "OwnerID": "18e0e96f-31bb-41e3-adc8-738c3cbaae24",
    "TargetUrl": "https://04ad6d83.ngrok.io/api/CAAgileWebhookReceiver/CreateUpdate_Feature",
    "CreatedBy": null,
    "_objectVersion": 1,
    "Disabled": false,
    "Name": "Create Update Feature",
    "AppName": "DemoApp",
    "ObjectUUID": "f989c5a2-0eb0-4825-849d-d95716c7964c",
    "CreationDate": "2018-06-29T09:09:09.336Z",
    "AppUrl": "https://04ad6d83.ngrok.io/"
    }

Please Help ASAP.

• 5.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Jun 29, 2018 08:59 AM

I would also like to add that right now we are using trial account with CA Agile and have been using CA Agile web hooks for last 3 months and have never faced this issue. So has there been any change done by CA Agile with respect to the web hook use in a trial account?

• 6.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 12:16 PM

Hi Sharma,

The issue is not because of a Trial subscription or trial accounts.

I have discussed this internally. We have had more 'hiccups' with regard to Webhooks as Watches through last week. Last week indeed we had more reports of slower webhook triggers. The slowness used to occur around morning times and fix itself around noon.

This issue is being worked on by Engineering. Currently, they believe they had fixed the issue and starting Mon.

In case you still experience sporadic trigger times, I suggest you open a support case so that we can track this. Will you be able to do that?

By the way, if the trigger comes within 5 mins, I would consider it still 'okay'. If comes 30mins or later then I believe you should be more concerned. Either way, we should track this via a support case since it involves an on-going engineering fix effort. If you experience this again next week, please open a support case.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 7.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:06 AM

Hi Sagi,

It has been almost 2 weeks and we haven't received any resolution to the problem we are facing with CA Agile Central web hooks. In the interim, I was also discussing the same issue with Michael through a new post but even he has not been able to provide us with any updates from engineering team.

We are very close to scheduled demo with one of our prospect who has been using CA Agile for quite sometime now. We have to show them the connectivity between the 2 apps and with the current issue we won't be able to accomplish that.

I would appreciate if you can provide us with any update from the CA engineering team.

Thanks.

• 8.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Jul 18, 2018 12:56 AM

Hi Sagi,

Please help us and let us know if this issue with the web hooks is resolved because we are still seeing slow to very slow response from CA web hooks.

Thanks.

• 9.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Aug 01, 2018 05:42 AM

The issue is still pending and we are still not able to use your web hooks effectively.

• 10.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:53 AM

Hi, sharmaTesting,
    Did you have a chance to get to contact someone from CA to solve the problem?

• 11.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Aug 02, 2018 09:57 AM

Hey Sagi_Gabay,

We faced the same problems.
    I represent the RealtimeBoard company, users of our product can set up the integration between RealtimeBoard and CA Agile Central. 
    The integration allows RealtimeBoard users to work with Rally tasks as with any other widgets on the online whiteboard. Each card represents a user story, task, or defect.

The problem encountered by users is that the cards are sometimes not updated and do not display current information.

We believe that some cases are caused by technical issues where we rely on the integration with CA Agile Central:

• Our servers do not receive updates from the Rally's webhook.
    • We do receive updates from the Rally's webhook, we make a request to Rally to get additional data, but the request closes by timeout.
    • We do receive updates from the Rally's webhook, but we get outdated data.

We also assume that during the day, changes made to the same task in Rally may lead to different results. Sometimes webhook can send updates, and sometimes not.

We'd appreciate for a contact of a technical expert who would help us diagnose the issue (confirm its presence or indicate the cause of the problem).

Sincerely,

Anton.

• 12.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Aug 10, 2018 05:21 PM

We are also having similar issue with RealTimeBoard integration with Agile Central. When should we expect that getting addressed ?

• 13.  Re: Webhook response in not consistent. Some time we get quick response but some time it takes more than 1 to 5 minutes.

Posted Jul 02, 2018 08:55 AM

Hi Sagi,

Thanks for sharing the information regarding the ongoing work on web hooks. We tested this throughout our day today and it was working fine without any issues. For the last 30 minutes it has again started behaving inconsistently and right now we not receiving any data through web hooks.

We also received a warning message and I am attaching that for your reference.

Please advice.

Thanks!