DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Monitoring Enterasys SecureStack C3 and C5 Switches with UIM

Posted Jun 28, 2018 10:53 AM

I am looking to utilse the UIM Advanced Network Pack to graph the interface utilisation, errors and discards, CPU and Memory for Enterasys SecureStack C3 and C5 switches that we have modelled in Spectrum. However, UIM only appears to support C2 switches which are ancient. There is not much difference mib-wise so I am certain that we could polling these basic requirements with the out of the box device support if it were possible to configure UIM to 'process' the C3 and C5 switches by linking the OID for instance to the debvice type. Does anyone know how to do this please? It's very easy in in Spectrum to edit such mappings but I am not sure how to do this in UIM or whether it is indeed possible.

Regards

Stephen. 

• 2.  Re: Monitoring Enterasys SecureStack C3 and C5 Switches with UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 12:52 PM

Using the self-certification portlet for snmpcollector you can pretty much assign any OID's to an unused metric family.

It's not pretty but might get you some data quicker than having to wait for the DCD (Device Certification) process.

• 3.  Re: Monitoring Enterasys SecureStack C3 and C5 Switches with UIM

Posted Jul 03, 2018 12:49 PM

Stephen,

In regards to the snmpcollector you are correct, although it lists many devices for them only C2 and not C3 or C5 is there.

UIM SNMP Device Support 

One option is to request certification:

SNMPCOLLECTOR - New Device Certification Request P - CA Knowledge 

For now just go ahead and discover your C3 & C5 switches and chances are snmpcollector will be able to monitor them just fine since the mibs are pretty much the same.