Symantec IGA

• 1.  Issue configuring Workpoint designer with Identity Manager (java.SQL.Exception, a duplicate key violation has occurred)

Posted Jun 28, 2018 02:53 PM

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue with workpoint designer where I am unable to save processes. I have workpoint designer running on a separate tool server configured to talk to identity manager's server. I am using identity manager 14.1

I followed the directions in this doc : Configure WorkPoint Administrative Tools - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Anything helps, thank you

• 2.  Re: Issue configuring Workpoint designer with Identity Manager (java.SQL.Exception, a duplicate key violation has occurred)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2018 03:00 AM

Please open a support case for this issue.

• 3.  Re: Issue configuring Workpoint designer with Identity Manager (java.SQL.Exception, a duplicate key violation has occurred)

Posted Jul 02, 2018 01:56 AM

Hi,

Idcheck.bat from the workpoint tool <CA_Identity_Manager_Install_DIR>/admin_tools/Workpoint/bin folder will resolve the duplicate key violations.

Steps to resolve:

• Edit <CA_Identity_Manager_Install_DIR>/admin_tools/Workpoint/bin/IdCheck.bat .
    • Based on the Workflow database type, update the database CLASSPATH with the appropriate JDBC driver.
    • Run Idcheck.bat and connect to Workflow database
    • Analyze and Fix the key violations if any.

You will then be able to import/save workflow process from workpoint designer Wizard.

• 4.  Re: Issue configuring Workpoint designer with Identity Manager (java.SQL.Exception, a duplicate key violation has occurred)

Posted Jul 02, 2018 02:51 PM

So I went ahead and downloaded the jdbc driver that the idpath.bat was looking for (ojdbc14.jar). After running the idpath.bat file I attempt to analyze and connect to my database using the virtual appliance credentials, but I get the following error: 

• 5.  Re: Issue configuring Workpoint designer with Identity Manager (java.SQL.Exception, a duplicate key violation has occurred)

Posted Apr 10, 2019 04:50 AM

Hi scottsol,

Did you find the solution for this case. I am facing the same issue i my environment. Can you please help.

Thanks,

Jeevan