CA Service Management

• 1.  pdm_publish automatic failover fails.

Posted Jun 29, 2018 08:04 AM

Hi 

I always follow below link steps mentioned for publishing schema in AA mode and it goes well everytime but rightnow im having issue while publishing schema.

How to Perform Schema Changes using Web Screen Pai - CA Knowledge 

See below snapshot...while automatic fail over its giving following error...'No reply'...then normal end publish....

then i check pdm_status following servies not running...

then i manually stop the sdm service  from services.msc. and then restart again... then all services are up.and failover to bg..but i cant see custom columns in ddict.sch.....what could be issue?

• 2.  Re: pdm_publish automatic failover fails.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 09:16 AM

Aamir, I think it is because the version control overwrote it. If you check the timestamp on the ddict.sch file you will see it. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: pdm_publish automatic failover fails.

Posted Jun 29, 2018 12:48 PM

Hi,

If you're a windows shop check out the document I shared here. It contains a powershell script which runs pdm_publish and all the steps for the background and standby server. One thing I added is a two minute delay on changing the background server, as pdm_publish can fail if the services take longer to startup  than anticipated.

• 4.  Re: pdm_publish automatic failover fails.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2018 03:27 PM

In most cases I recommend to not use the auto-failover option on the pdm_publish. Once the publish finishes, suppress version control, and then fail over manually.