Service Virtualization

• 1.  DevTest 10.3 TestMonitoring page is extremely slow

Posted Jun 29, 2018 05:39 AM

Hi,

After the devtest 10.3 upgrade, The Portal Monitor--> Tests page is extremely slow to retrieving the test results. Can you please suggest, how we can improve the performance.

Already I have these two properties set in my lisa.properties file

perfmgr.rvwiz.whatrpt.autoExpire=true

perfmgr.rvwiz.whatrpt.expireTimer=30d

Regards,

Balamurugan.

• 2.  Re: DevTest 10.3 TestMonitoring page is extremely slow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 08:58 AM
    • What version of DevTest are you on?
    • Do you have any DevTest patches applied?
    • Where are all your DevTest components running?  Linux or Windows?  How are they distributed, all on same machine, components on different machines?
    • How much memory does the machine the Portal is running on have?
    • What external database is your Enterprise Dashboard and Registry connecting to?  (Please Provide database and release)  Where does the database reside?  On the same server where DevTest is running?  On a different Server?  If on a different server in the same data center?

• 3.  Re: DevTest 10.3 TestMonitoring page is extremely slow

Posted Jun 29, 2018 09:18 AM

Hi MarcyNunns Please find my answers below:

What version of DevTest are you on?

Ans: DevTest 10.3 version

Do you have any DevTest patches applied?  

Ans: No

Where are all your DevTest components running?  Linux or Windows?  How are they distributed, all on same machine, components on different machines?

Ans: All the DevTest components are running on the same Windows Server

How much memory does the machine the Portal is running on have?

Ans:  The Server contains total 16GB RAM , We allocated 2GB for Portal in portalservice.vmoption

What external database is your Enterprise Dashboard and Registry connecting to?  (Please Provide database and release)  Where does the database reside?  On the same server where DevTest is running?  On a different Server?  If on a different server in the same data center?

Ans: "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP3) - 10.50.6220.0 (X64) (Build 7601: Service Pack 1). Its running as DaaS on the different server same data center.

Thanks,

Balamurugan.

• 4.  Re: DevTest 10.3 TestMonitoring page is extremely slow
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 09:24 AM

Can you attach the registry.log and portal.log on this communities post?  If I do not see something that stands out in the lo files, will probably suggest you open a support case and we can have a webex.

• 5.  Re: DevTest 10.3 TestMonitoring page is extremely slow

Posted Jun 29, 2018 09:52 AM

Sure MarcyNunns. I will open the support case.