CA Service Management

• 1.  Reference CR from cr_wf to Create Transition Condition

Posted Jun 29, 2018 11:12 AM

How do I reference the Change field in a CR for use in cr_wf? I need to make a site-defined condition? I need the cr.change (if correct) object in the cr_wf like the Request/Incident/Problem's Assignee (cr.assignee) (the field I am referring to is the Change field that is populated when a user selects "Create Change Order" in the CR)?

There are similar examples in my environment where a wf is referencing objects from the overall chg:

Object Type: Change Order Workflow Task

Description: Tests to see if the related Change Order is in "Approval in progress" status and the Risk survey completed.

Code: if (( !is_null(getval_by_name("chg.status")) && getval_by_name("chg.status") == "APP" ) && ( !is_null(getval_by_name("chg.risk")) ))
    set_return_data(TRUE);
    else
    set_return_data(FALSE);

• 2.  Re: Reference CR from cr_wf to Create Transition Condition
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 11:43 AM

Jessie, you would need to create a new activity association with cr.change as object type attribute and then use this newly create activity association to create a site-defined condition for the cr/in/pr workflow task. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Reference CR from cr_wf to Create Transition Condition

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 12:03 PM

Hello Jessie,

you may want to go through the activity association documentation for further information i.e.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configure-ca-service-desk-manager/notifications/how-to-set-up-notification-for-an-activity#HowtoSetUpNotificationforanActivity-CreateanActivityAssociation

Hope this helps in creation new activity association for the required object.