Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

custom object link creation error

• 1.  custom object link creation error

Posted Jun 29, 2018 10:40 AM

Hi All,

We are using clarity 7.5.3 , we are facing the following issue:

When we are creating a custom object the default page is getting created but the link is not getting created in the custom object section in the application home page. It is getting created in one environment whereas when we are following the same process to create the custom object in another environment the custom link is not getting created. Could you please help with the issue? Is it something wrong with the environment?

Thanks,

Aradhana

• 2.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 05, 2018 11:04 AM

Hi Aradhana, 

I just hope the custom object that you are talking about is not a subobject of some other existing object, because in that case, there will not be any links created in the Application Menu. That link only gets created for independent Object that you create in PPM. This is the only thing that is coming in my mind at this moment. You can check if link is getting created by creating a new custom object. Hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 3.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 05, 2018 11:08 AM

Also, the version of PPM you are using, which is 7.5.3, was marked out of support on 1 July 2009. This is exactly 9 years ago!

See this link: Clarity r7.53 End of Service is confirmed - CA Technologies 

Hope you are aware of that. CA will not be able to provide you any kind of Support and I doubt that if you face any problem in this version, anyone will be able to help you, as none of us is having that version available with us.

• 4.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 09, 2018 12:17 PM

Please explain what do you mean when you say the default page is created.

Any difference in the rights?

Of course something or anything could be wrong with the other environment.

Put the trace on when you create a custom object in both environments to see if there is a difference.

• 5.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:51 AM

I accidentally removed the default page from the application menu link now when I an trying to add the default page to another link I am unable to do that. Could you please help with that. I have created a new link from Menu Manager and searching from the default custom object page but do not get it.

Please help me to add it to the menu.

Thanks,

Aradhana

• 6.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 16, 2018 11:28 AM

Hi Aradhana.santra,

Try creating a new section under the Menu Manager --> Application Menu. All I can help you with is the details as per the latest PPM versions: 

This is how the original one looks. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 7.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 16, 2018 11:57 AM

Thanks for your reply Abhisek.

Unfortunately this way I am able to add any page which I have created but could not add any default page to the menu. Default page is not appearing in the lookup while selecting the page in menu manager

• 8.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:17 AM

Hi Aradhana, 

Could you share some screenshot(s) to show me the exact problem area? I just need to make sure we are not missing out anything. That might be helpful. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 9.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 19, 2018 02:46 AM

A work around not solving the issue is to create a custom list portlet and put that on a page which then would be available to be used as a menu link. The portlet can be either query based or object based. The query based portlet cannot have the New button which is the down side.

• 10.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 19, 2018 06:00 AM

Yes the problem is I have tried with both query based and object based portlet but didn't work, then I came to know in the latest versions there is a tab for Actions in portlets which is clearly not in this old version.

So I think this is a drawback of using this old version.

Thanks anyway.

• 11.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 23, 2018 03:25 PM

Is there any error in the app log?

Put trace on to see how far you get.

• 12.  Re: custom object link creation error

Posted Jul 24, 2018 04:02 AM

Any chance that this is a a db rights issue or issue with db space of physical disc space?.

So you create a custom object.

and it has the list view and the view has fields?

Do you see the Custom objects group in the menu manager and do you see the custom object list view there?

Do you see the Custom objects group in the app?

Are the pages created in the db for the custom object?

Are they active, default, system etc?

Are the menu items created in the db for the custom object?

Are the respective actions created?

Anyway it is not possible to delete the custom object list page erroneously.