Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Custom Assertion

Posted Jun 30, 2018 02:00 PM

Hi there,

From the following document link it was said to copy the TrafficLoggerCustomAssertion.jar ,where can i download this assertion and the c?

Sample Custom Assertion: Traffic Logger - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Custom Assertion
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 02, 2018 04:02 AM

This is part of the product download. The source files for this sample are contained in the TrafficLoggerSample/src directory (see Root Folder of Custom Assertion SDK).

• 3.  Re: Custom Assertion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2018 04:36 AM

No sure if this was exactly what you wanted.  But I have found downloading the Custom Assertion Kit a bit hard to find.   

I nearly wrote all this up before hand - since I had to help two customers find out where to download the Custom Assertion kit. 

So took this opportunity to do so :-) 

Finding and downloading the CustomAssertion Kit : 

Starting at the support download page  : 

https://support.ca.com/us/download-center.html 

Select the "API Gateway" - whatever is appropriate will come up - here we have several since the company is "CA Technologies" so has them all.

That then gives you this below  that selection 

Click on "Product Downloads Available" - and then scroll down - scroll down is important since it then shows the actual downloads you can select.   

We need to pick one above, and enter the version of the Gateway 9.3 in our case : 

That then shows the following : all of the downloadable components of that product : 

At this point we want to scroll down until we find the following kit with "CUSTOM ASSERTION DEV KIT" (it contains the other tools as well " 

Then click the [+] to add it to the CART.

Downloading the "CART" file: 

I'll leave the rest of the CART + download part alone, it's not too bad - but that can have a few bumps as well.

The .zip file contains several  .zip files one for each of the above modules, the one we want is the CustomAssertion_dev_kit-9.X.XX.zip   As per :  

Finding the Traffic Logger Sample in the CustomAssertion SDK Kit : 

Once you've downloaded it, and unzipped the API Kit : 

It has the TrafficLoggerSample subdirectory. 

The download does not have the build "images" so you will need to goto that directory and run the build.sh to build the project (It needs java, but otherwise contains all the ant and other .jar files you need): 

Then you will have the two samples built, and can navigate to the TrafficLoggerSample build directory : 

Where the .jar file should be waiting for you. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers - Mark