Rally Software

• 1.  how do I play training videos?

Posted Jul 02, 2018 10:33 AM

When I am in the Agile Central help guide there are training videos. When I download them it cannot find a player. I am a Mac user and have tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox but no luck getting them to play. What is the secret to get them to work?

• 2.  Re: how do I play training videos?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2018 01:20 PM

Hi Joe,

These files are: SWF files, that is Flash Files. You should be able to install a Flash Player to your browser and that should play it. However, interestingly enough, it seems that Chrome since v61.x may have an issue where it defaults to download the file instead of playing it. I actually am having that same problem (with v.67). You can learn more here:

https://medium.com/@JoeDuncko/how-to-fix-chrome-playing-swf-files-prompts-to-download-instead-da6c92e99a3e 

I can see play the files if I install a Flash Player extension to Chrome, then click on it to open it and then do a right click on the video file -> copy the URL -> then add this URL to the Flash Player.  I don't like it though, it's quite annoying, but it works.

You may want to see if Fire Fox behaves better and possibly look more into if Chrome has a resolution to this.

Either way, to answer your question: the files are SWF flash files and any flash player should play them.

Let us know if that helped.

Sagi

• 3.  Re: how do I play training videos?

Posted Jul 02, 2018 05:50 PM

SO helpful @Sagi, as always!