Clarity

• 1.  Unlock attributes - Project attributes (Pac_mnt_project & investment)

Posted Jul 04, 2018 04:58 AM

Hi all,

Is there a way to unlock the attributes which are defined by System tables like pac_mnt_projects or inv_Investment

select * from odf_locked_attributes where object_code ='project'

I could able to find the attributes project_code (pac_mnt_projects) or code(inv_investment)

I even designed process to unlock the attributes using the predefined system action, but it didn't work.

Please advise

Thanks

Sreeram

• 2.  Re: Unlock attributes - Project attributes (Pac_mnt_project & investment)
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 04, 2018 11:21 AM

Hi Sreeram,

As far as I know that the moment you post actuals against a project, the Project ID becomes read only. This is just to make sure that the financial tables are not messed up due to the change of the project code. That attribute works as one of the unique identifiers and hence system will restrict any modification to the same once the project is financially active, that is, time is posted against the same. Hope that clarifies the concern you had. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 3.  Re: Unlock attributes - Project attributes (Pac_mnt_project & investment)

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:42 AM

Hi Sreeram,

There is a difference between locked attributes and read-only attributes. There should be a lock icon against each locked attribute and not against read-only attributes. The attributes mentioned by you are out-of-the-box fields and not custom attributes and hence, cannot be unlocked by any process i.e. they are read-only and I suppose auto-numbered. You can make the changes on the DB, however, it is strictly not advisable to do this as this may require changes to all the DB tables related to the above mentioned tables.

Regards,

Suhail.