DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Has anyone faced issue configuring ServiceNow in sdgtw probe?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2018 09:26 AM

When I am trying to configure the connection parameters for my ServiceNow instance in the sdgtw probe, it gives me a validation failure. However, the same works fine in sngtw probe.

First of all, the connection parameters in sdgtw probe is confusing. Whereas the same in sngtw is pretty straightforward, i.e. WSDL URL, Endpoint URL etc.

There is no sample connection parameter nor a detailed info on each of the parameters in sdgtw.

Does anyone have a sample for the ServiceNow connection parameters? 

• 2.  Re: Has anyone faced issue configuring ServiceNow in sdgtw probe?

Posted Jul 04, 2018 09:59 AM

Hi @ Uday Kumar Cherkara

Please make sure you add the following permissions for user configured to create incidents in ServiceNow: SOAP roles + personalize_dictionary + ITIL 

I hope the following article will also be helpful: The sdgtw probe is failing to create tickets in Se - CA Knowledge 

Please also check the probe configuration documentation: sdgtw AC Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Should you still have issues may I suggest you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

Thanks and regards.

iulian ursu

CA UIM Support

• 3.  Re: Has anyone faced issue configuring ServiceNow in sdgtw probe?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2018 02:35 AM
      |   view attached

I have all the prerequisites in place and hence it is working fine with sngtw probe. I have also raised a support ticket for the same. Lets see how it goes.

• 4.  Re: Has anyone faced issue configuring ServiceNow in sdgtw probe?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 06:16 AM

Closing this thread as looks like solution was given via support case:

Update:
    ======

We deployed sdgtw 2.00 version probe on a windows machine and tried configuring ServiceNow without Proxy user name and password
    The validation fails, we tried with ProxyProtocol as "https" & without Proxy Username & Password - Validation failed

It worked when we provided Proxy Username, Password & Proxy Protocol as "https"

The probe requires Proxy User details

• 5.  Re: Has anyone faced issue configuring ServiceNow in sdgtw probe?

Posted Jul 11, 2018 08:40 AM

Hi, i'm trying to configure sdgtw & i want to use custom endpoint. can someone share sample endpoint url? I tried with https://myinstance.service-now.com/x_itl_my_task.do?SOAP, but validation test fails.

Thanks

• 6.  Re: Has anyone faced issue configuring ServiceNow in sdgtw probe?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 07:22 PM

Starting with the 2.00 release of the sdgtw probe you can configure the probe to use a custom endpoint with ServiceNow instead of the default incident.do endpoint.  Prior to this release of the sdgtw probe, you could not use a custom endpoint for ServiceNow connections.  The steps for doing this can be found in the "Configure Connection Properties" section of the sdgtw AC Configuration Wiki document.  See the Sample Configuration for Different Service Desks section for Service now for an example of setting up the two URL fields for ServiceNow.

• 7.  Re: Has anyone faced issue configuring ServiceNow in sdgtw probe?

Posted Jul 11, 2018 10:49 PM

Hi Kathtyn, Thanks for quick response. Assuming my table name in servicenow is x_itl_my_task ? Should I specify the full URL(if yes, then can you share sample url format) or just table name? I tried with specifying table name in endpoint, it didn't work.

It would be great, if  can you share sample Client URL & Custom Endpoint?

Note: I'm not using default Incident table.

Thanks

• 8.  Re: Has anyone faced issue configuring ServiceNow in sdgtw probe?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2018 10:59 AM

The sdgtw probe specifies the following for the custom endpoint specification:

"Enter custom End Point :specifies the name of the custom web service that is used for communication. For example, if your custom end point is Events, then specify u_events as the value for Enter custom End Point. This field is available only if the Use Custom End Point checkbox is selected."

You specified that x_itl_my_task is your custom end point and that you tried using just this value as your custom endpoint in the ServiceNow connection configuration, but based on the sdgtw Wiki document, it looks like you may need to use u_x_itl_my_task instead.  If this does not work, then I would highly recommend that you open a support case to look into this further.