Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Error while checking file existence in preconditions of a job

Posted Jul 04, 2018 01:24 PM

Hello All,

I am trying to check a file existence on a target host by using pre conditions of a job in the workflow. But it is thrown below error in the pre-conditions report. Could anyone please look into it and let me know the cause for this error.

IF file 'rfsh_dpexport.sc5dborp31.niku.SCHEMAS.SC5560P.20180629.0415.dmp.gz' does not exist (check via SC5DBORT01). 2018-07-04 17:20:01 - U00065013 Unable to start event '1038373', reason: 'corrupt user 'root' password'. 2018-07-04 17:20:01 - U00020411 The command 'EXIT' in 'XC_INC.CONDITION.CHECK_FILE', line '00086' stopped the generation of this task.

Thanks,
    Srujan.

• 2.  Re: Error while checking file existence in preconditions of a job

Posted Jul 04, 2018 09:03 PM

Which AE verions are you using? The error message look like a bug..

• 3.  Re: Error while checking file existence in preconditions of a job

Posted Jul 05, 2018 02:21 PM

Also, I would say to check, if the user has the right privileges.

• 4.  Re: Error while checking file existence in preconditions of a job

Posted Jul 05, 2018 02:31 PM

Hi ShravaniVedantham613199

May I know which user you are talking about. Automic user or the OS user? . OS user has all the permissions.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 5.  Re: Error while checking file existence in preconditions of a job

Posted Jul 05, 2018 02:48 PM

So looks like, you have a customized script 'XC_INC.CONDITION.CHECK_FILE' which does the check whenever you use a check_file condition. The error says "line 86 is causing the script to EXIT" because it did not like the username and password.  Try finding that script in your client and see what that line actually does.

Check if you are using the customized check file or the product delivered check-file method.

For the product delivered check-file method

In order for the pre-condition to work properly, the job on which you have the check-file pre-condition has to be on the same agent where the file is. The pre-condition looks for the file on that Agent and if it doesn't find the path it will fail. in that case, you could get the access denied as the condition is being evaluated on the job with a different agent.

And the issues I faced while using check file pre-conditions is, the Agent should always be the actual server name rather than *OWN as OWN works only if there is an OS Agent on that server

• 6.  Re: Error while checking file existence in preconditions of a job

Posted Jul 24, 2018 07:26 PM

Hi patve03

Did the suggestion by ShravaniVedantham613199 help in resolving your question/error message or are you still getting the error?

• 7.  Re: Error while checking file existence in preconditions of a job

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2018 05:31 AM

Hello,

I am facing the same error with FILE EVENT at a customer site. With the same user I can able run a job which lists the files of the directory but it fails to execute the FILE EVENT to check for the file in the same directory with error "Unable to start event 'nnnnnnn', reason: 'corrupt user 'xxxxx' password' ".

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated, as it is impacting go-live? 

AE and Agent version : 12.2.0

Thanks,

Venugopal Reddy

• 8.  Re: Error while checking file existence in preconditions of a job

Posted Oct 18, 2018 12:06 PM

There was an issue an the older version but it look like you are already on 12.2.0, so you should be on the fixed version.

Is this login used to start any other jobs (and is it successfully for the job)? - I trying to understand if the login used has been verify/work for other jobs or if this issues with the same login occurred only for the event.

edit: Just re-read the post and saw you mention it is working for other job and only happen with Event.

Is this running on a linux/unix or window agent?  Is the login that it uses the local user on that machine where the job is run, shadow user or if its a LDAP user etc..?

As this is impacting a go-live, I also recommend opening a tick with support as they can work with you more toward a set timeline/sla.  (as this was supposed to have been fixed in 12.2.0, they can make sure that it not the same thing that was reported previously).

Additionally, there is a workaround on the KE of the issues that you may consider using until this is resolved.