CA Service Management

• 1.  Update Catalog to R17.1 only

Posted Jul 05, 2018 09:34 AM

Hi there

I have a test environment with ITSM R17.0. I need to update Service Catalog to R17.1 only.

However, when running the setup, it sets Service Desk Manager to being updated as well.

How can I have only CA Service Catalog updated?

The main reason for this is that we are building all from scratch on Service Catalog and cannot update SDM at this point.

Thanks in advance

Sandra

• 2.  Re: Update Catalog to R17.1 only
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 05, 2018 09:38 AM

Hi Sandra,

As far as I know the install script check for other products and does not allow to not deselect the other products it picks up. You may have to log a support case to get assistance in reaching out to the engineering team for assistance with modifying the install script or updating the tables from where it picks up the rest of the products in attempt to trick it in thinking that the products are not installed.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Update Catalog to R17.1 only

Posted Jul 05, 2018 09:53 AM

Hi Brian

Thanks for the feedback. 

Regards

Sandra

• 4.  Re: Update Catalog to R17.1 only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 09:11 AM

Hi Sandra,

Not sure if you have go through this document on Service Catalog 17.1 upgrade.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-1/en/upgrading/upgrade-to-ca-service-management-17-1/upgrading-to-ca-service-catalog-17-1

At the bottom of this page there are options for varied upgrade options.

Let me know if this helps

• 5.  Re: Update Catalog to R17.1 only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 02:16 PM

Sandra_Antunes 

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.