AnsweredAssumed Answered

EM Overall Capacity (%)

Question asked by bwcole on Jul 6, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 by Hallett_German

Howdy Community,

What factors are included in the "Overall Capacity (%)" for the enterprise manager, Manager of Managers (MOM) in 10.5.2.92?

I've searched around the docs and community site on what does the metric show:

• *SuperDomain*|Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Process (Virtual)|Custom Metric Agent (Virtual)|Enterprise Manager:Overall Capacity (%)

We have 10.5.2.92 and we received capacity alerts (above 80%) it holds for 10 to 45 minutes then drops down to a normal level.  The only metric I can find under the custom host (MOM) is that the JVM memory after GC jumped to a bit over half (6.99 GB) of the JVM allocated memory (10 GB) and then after about 40 minutes, dropped back down to a normal level of around 1.7 GB.

My best guess of reaction to this would to run a "kill -3" on the JVM a few times during the event and then a few time afterward, send the heapdumps to CA Support and see if they can tell what is going on, but before I did that, I wanted to see if there is anything I can review, change or capture that might shed some light into why the Overall Capacity %, jumps from around 20% to over 80%.

Thank you in advance,

Billy 

Outcomes