DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Is there an option to set email of the reports created from Report Template in CA APM 10.5.1.8?

Posted Jul 06, 2018 08:48 AM

I require the dashboards created on APM to be sent as email periodically for better monitoring.

The dashboards are created under the Report Template and we are able to generate reports but need an option to email the same.

APM documentation Guide mentions about CEM but couldn't find My Reports tab in CEM.

Please let me know how to set email for generated reports.

Thanks.

Regards,

Reni Thomas

• 2.  Re: Is there an option to set email of the reports created from Report Template in CA APM 10.5.1.8?

Posted Jul 06, 2018 09:30 AM

Reni,

There is no way in CA APM to generate and send report automatically. The only way you can get your desired report via email is to create two scripts. First script will generate report and second one will send a report via email. you have to schedule cron job for both of the script to automate this process.

• 3.  Re: Is there an option to set email of the reports created from Report Template in CA APM 10.5.1.8?

Posted Jul 06, 2018 09:38 AM

Can you please guide more on the scripts part then?

How can it be achieved?

• 4.  Re: Is there an option to set email of the reports created from Report Template in CA APM 10.5.1.8?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 06, 2018 10:17 AM

Following are the two separate script I copy here. you have to tune up according to your environment.

genWeeklyPerformanceReport.sh

#!/bin/sh

#This script will create a weekly report for EM Clusters Health and Performance

ow=`date --date="-7 days" "+%Y/%m/%d"`
    #ow= 7 days ago

dt=`date "+%Y/%m/%d"`
    #dt= todays date

ti=`date "+%H:%M"`
    #ti= this year

/opt/jre/1.7.0_79l64/bin/java -Xmx128M -Duser=wilyuser -Dpassword=wilypass -Dhost=MOMHostName -Dport=5001 -jar /opt/wily/introscope/10.5.1.x/lib/CLWorkstation.jar generate report named "EM Weekly Health Report" in management module named "CA APM Infrastructure Monitoring" starting at "$ow $ti" ending at "$dt $ti" to /home/wlyuser/EM-Reports/Weekly-Reports/WeekelyHealthReport.pdf

***********************************************************************************

EmailWeeklyPerformanceReport.sh

wilyuser@EMHostName:~/EM-Reports$ cat EmailWeeklyPerformanceReport.sh
    #!/bin/sh

dt=`date "+%Y-%m-%d"`
    od=`date --date="-7 days" "+%Y-%m-%d"`

cd /home/wilyuser/EM-Reports/Weekly-Reports
    cp WeekelyHealthReport.pdf  WeekelyHealthReport-$dt.pdf
    rm WeekelyHealthReport.pdf

echo $dt-"EM Weekly Health Report" | mutt -a "WeekelyHealthReport-$dt.pdf" -s "EM Weekly Health Report" email@email.com

• 5.  Re: Is there an option to set email of the reports created from Report Template in CA APM 10.5.1.8?

Posted Dec 10, 2018 12:59 AM

Hi junaidwily

can u please guide a little as where we have to write these commands.

can u please attach the screenshot to get a clear picture of the process.

Thanks 

• 6.  Re: Is there an option to set email of the reports created from Report Template in CA APM 10.5.1.8?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 07:57 AM

>APM documentation Guide mentions about CEM but couldn't find My Reports tab in CEM

This may depend on your CEM Role/Permissions and if a TIM was added. If you have access, then look under teh CEM tab.

• 7.  Re: Is there an option to set email of the reports created from Report Template in CA APM 10.5.1.8?

Posted Dec 10, 2018 12:21 PM

These are the two shell scripts. You have to create 2 files genWeeklyPerformanceReport.sh and EmailWeeklyPerformanceReport.sh. after that you have to update script parameters according to your env. like hostname name port number, ID, Password and location where your CLWworkstation.jar file is located. also provide your report name for exp."EM Weekly Health Report". Finally genWeeklyPerformanceReport.sh will generate weekely report and  EmailWeeklyPerformanceReport.sh will send generated report to concern peoples.

Let me know if you have more question.