DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all
  • 1.  HA Failover

Posted Jul 09, 2018 01:20 AM

Hi Team,

I have configuring HA (Secondary UIM sever),after configuring HA probe i can see that HA is happening and i am able to login in admin console (secondary UIM) even UMP is also loading but i am unable to login in UMP , it is not taking the credential.

License are also not getting replicate to secondary UIM .

Also nas probe is not coming up it is showing down in secondary UIM server.

It is very urgent, need to resolve this asap.

Please help and provide your suggestion to get this sorted as earlier you can.

Regards

Yusuf

• 2.  Re: HA Failover

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:05 AM

Hi Yusuf

UMP is not included in HA failover out of box currently although there are some custom solutions available  .Only UMP load balancing is supported out of box when you have multiple UMP setup.

Below Tec note will provide more info on the setup on using HA probe for UIM failover.

CA UIM v8.5.1 High Availability (HA) Guide 

• 3.  Re: HA Failover

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:12 AM

UMP failover script is available here.

UMP failover 

• 4.  Re: HA Failover

Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:14 AM

Hi Frankin,

I haven't configured UMP HA. Only UIM HA is configured and as per that whenever my Primary UIM will go down the secondary has to come up and all the other service should start automatically.

In my case all the things are ok even UMP is loading after fail-over of UIM but i am unable to login into that, it is not accepting the credential.

• 5.  Re: HA Failover

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:21 AM

Hi Yusuf,

You can check the ump failover script referenced by Yu in this discussion post

• 6.  Re: HA Failover

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:38 AM

Hi Yusuf

Are you using LDAP?  If os you need to check your HA hubs settings. You need to configure this hub to have a connection to ldap.

If you have the HA hub configured as ldap proxy then it will be forwarding the ldap requests to the primary hub which will of course fail as the Primary hub is down

Hope this helps

Rich

• 7.  Re: HA Failover

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:58 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for your answer.

Still having some queries can you please give me your suggestion on them:

1) Do i need a separate UMP Server to run UMP_faiolover script. If yes then what would be the  prerequisite ?

2) where i need to add this script and will it be able to communicate with both server UIM primary and seconday ?

Regrads

Yusuf

• 8.  Re: HA Failover

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:59 AM

Do you have any document or Kb available on the same?

• 9.  Re: HA Failover

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 08:01 PM

Hi Yusuf ,

You queries should be answered in the post below.Please go through this link 

UMP failover 

• 10.  Re: HA Failover
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 10, 2018 03:50 AM

• 11.  Re: HA Failover

Posted Jul 13, 2018 02:52 AM

Hi Team,

Thanks for your updates....

I did the same i deployed that script in NAS of secondary UIM server but still i am unale to load UMP.

When we checked the raw config. of UMP Wasp probe still all the probe were pointing to primary HUB because of that it couldn't load.

After fail-over all the UIM primary probes have to point to secondary UIM server hen only UMP will load but it is not happening.

Please me know how the same can be done.

• 12.  Re: HA Failover

Posted Jul 13, 2018 03:13 AM

Hi,

Do you see the alarms generated by the script in your console on the secondary node?

If not, see all comments in: UMP failover 

Regards, Luc

• 13.  Re: HA Failover

Posted Jul 30, 2018 03:32 AM

Hi Team,

Thanks for your updates....

But Still UMP fail over is not happening.

After Primary UIM down, probes are unable to point on secondary UIM.

We are not getting any error related to script so unable to find the exact issue that where are we lagging and how to troubleshoot this.

Is there any alternate way to check the same ? or where we can check the scripts related logs.

If we would be able to check scripts logs, we can try to troubleshoot this issue on basis on logs.

Please let me know suggestion.

Regards

Yusuf