Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The Server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or the other technical problem. Contact your administrator."  

• 1.  Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The Server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or the other technical problem. Contact your administrator."  

Posted Jul 09, 2018 03:38 AM

Hi All,

I am facing issues on Multi dimensional portlet.

I would like to create multi dimensional portlet with best performance which are having financial data and other project data. The attached Query 1 has been deployed in my on demand development environment and its is working as expected.But if I copy same NSQL query to Test environment, it is throwing Error " ORA-01417: a table may be outer joined to at most one other table"

I would like to know why it is working in one environment and not working in other environment.

If I Corrected the the outer joins the query (Attachment Query 2)is running in Test environment but when the user choosing the Fiscal year filter start year is 2018 and End year 2019 (Default filter is Start year 2018 and End year 2018), Clarity is getting Logout for the user and if the user Re-login and trying to open the portlet its throwing an error(Attached as Image) 

Can some one help me on this.

Thanks,

Thenmozhi K

Attachment(s)

zip
    Query 1.txt.zip   5 KB 1 version
    zip
    Financial data.txt.zip   951 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The Server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or the other technical problem. Contact your administrator."  

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:15 AM

"Error 500" does not really tell you anything apart from "look in the log files to fins the real error"

So look in the log files to find the real error!

Why SQL might work in one environment but not another would usually just be down to data differences in the 2 environments.

• 3.  Re: Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The Server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or the other technical problem. Contact your administrator."  

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:27 AM

Hi Thenmozhi,

As David said that you need to check the security logs files. Apart from this, there are some other checks, which can be performed: -

1. Are all custom objects and custom attributes in place on the another environment of CA PPM (if used within your query)?

2. Is Fiscal Year for 2019 created on your CA PPM environment?

3. Are you publishing all the changes as per the process: query to portlet to portlet pages (just publishing changes on the portlet alone won't work if there is a portlet page created for this and vice versa)?

Let us know if all the above checks have been performed including verifying the security logs files and it still does not work!

Regards,

Suhail.

• 4.  Re: Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The Server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or the other technical problem. Contact your administrator."  

Posted Jul 09, 2018 11:09 AM

Hi All,

Thank you for our reply.

The query which was used in Development environment is running successfully and the portlet also loading in 5 seconds as expected.

The same query is getting error in test and prod environments(in Database) that too error in Financial data. If i change the outer joins(Financial data Attachment) then it is running with out any error but portlet performance is very worst. More than 5 mins and facing issue in year filter(Logout and 500 internal server error).

I can confirm the below points,

1.While checking with financial data in the database its getting this issue and there is no issue with attributes.

2. Years are created till 2022.

3. I am creating the portlet in this way: Queries-->Portlet--> Portlet page

Log:

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1437)      at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)      at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: com.niku.union.web.WebException: WebServiceAdapter::processRequest -> failed to process service request      at com.niku.union.web.WebServiceAdapter.processRequest(WebServiceAdapter.java:223)      at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processServiceRequest(PortletController.java:1431)      at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processAuthorizedPortlet(PortletController.java:914)      ... 50 more Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Database and portlet error when using the development query to Test and PROD:

NPT-0103: Error when trying to execute the query. Native message: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01417: a table may be outer joined to at most one other table

Thanks,

Thenmozhi K

• 5.  Re: Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The Server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or the other technical problem. Contact your administrator."  

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:30 PM

This look like it might be an Oracle 12C issue.

Data extraction output is failing with group by error since 15.4 upgrade/ora 12c 

Just guessing base on the error in the log,

Gene