Clarity

• 1.  Project Status - Submit for Approval do not show up

Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:05 PM

Hi All

When I try to create a new project in Clarity instance, I see no status as Submit for approval (either during creation or editing the project). I've checked it in the lookup and it's active. But still it don't show up. Any idea how to get this fixed and working? 

Thanks all in advance. 

Monica

• 2.  Re: Project Status - Submit for Approval do not show up
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 07:53 PM

Hi Monica,

SUBMIT FOR APPROVAL should be for IDEAS and not Projects. Even though the idea and project use the same lookup for status field, it wouldn't show up all the values and if I remember correctly, there is an internal logic build into it. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: Project Status - Submit for Approval do not show up

Posted Jul 10, 2018 08:10 AM

Thanks you all for the details and explanation! It was helpful.

• 4.  Re: Project Status - Submit for Approval do not show up

Posted Jul 09, 2018 07:56 PM

Hi Monica

The OOTB Status attribute on the Project Object gets its values from the "Investment Object State" Lookup. 

The "Submitted for Approval" Value in this lookup is used only on the Idea Properties Page and Filter Page. It is not to be present on the Project create or Properties page. 

You could create a custom lookup if you would like to add additional values other than Approved, Not Approved, and Rejected.

Thanks

Shailey

• 5.  Re: Project Status - Submit for Approval do not show up

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 02:10 AM

Hi Monica,

As mentioned by Jerin and Shailey, "Submitted for Approval" is used for the Idea Object and only appear on Idea instance records.

There is knowledge about "Investment Object State" Lookup.

The Investment Status Lookup is not showing all ac - CA Knowledge 

I hope it is useful for you.

Regards,

Shoichi