We are interested in setting up a process to collect at regular intervals data relevant to the performance of the Automation Engine. Our hope is that historical performance data could help us identify patterns and trends relevant to UC4 performance.
Here is what I have in mind.
Collect the following information every 5-10 minutes:
- Server process utilization (B.01, B.10, and B.60 numbers)
- WP/CP CPU & memory usage as reported by ps command
- List of hung AE server processes, if any
- Number & type of users/clients connected
- Number of rows in the ITL table
- Number of rows in the MQ tables
In addition, log the time, duration, and size of each UC4 DB unload/load and each XML export/import.
Does anyone do this sort of thing? Do you have any tips or insights?