DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  AWS Probe

Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:44 AM

I am looking at possibly using the AWS probe for monitoring a number of AWS instances. I am just getting familiar with AWS and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to why I should use the AWS probe for monitoring over using Cloudwatch in AWS? At the moment just to use the AWS probe it seems I need to upgrade to UIM 8.51 but that is not a major problem but means I cannot currently try out the probe.

Thanks for any feedback.

• 2.  Re: AWS Probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 04:34 AM

Hi Kevin,

I would suggest you take a look at the following page and watch the video with some information that might help you decide whether it is worth investing in the aws probe.

AWS Monitoring - CA Technologies - EMEA 

What version of UIM are you currently running? The aws probe doesn't required UIM 8.51, however if you are planning on configuring it via MCS (Monitoring tab in the UMP) then 8.51 is a requirement. See below the probe release notes with more information:

aws (Amazon Web Services Monitoring) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Docum… 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Alex

• 3.  Re: AWS Probe

Posted Jul 11, 2018 04:48 AM

Thanks Alex, very useful. We are currently on 8.47, I thought I read somewhere on the communities page that it had to be at least 8.51, maybe I misunderstood. UP until now I have not used MCS so something else I need to look into. I really appreciate the feedback.

Thank you 

• 4.  Re: AWS Probe

Posted Apr 24, 2019 06:39 AM

Alex, we still have 8.47 so how do you configure it without MCS?

Thank you