CA Service Management

• 1.  Search Option In Catalog

Posted Jul 10, 2018 04:23 PM

What is the current sequence of search criteria on Catalog ?

Example: If I type the word "catalog" on the search in catalog which area it search for the results first, Is it Service offering then Service option Group then service option then description then keyword then text.

How does the search results are presented and what is the exact search results sequence ?

Thank you,

Vincent Raj

• 2.  Re: Search Option In Catalog
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 09:00 AM

Good Afternoon Vincent.

Please check on the below. Thanks and kind regards, Louis.

The "Entire Catalog" search feature will search for the search input/string across:
    offering names, offering descriptions, service option group names, service option group descriptions and service option element item texts.

As per the design, it is just a raw string search, instead of a very intelligent search that will interpret what the users may want to search, nor it will do machine learning.
    There is also no configuration feature that administrators can apply to control the search results.

In other words, the more specific search input/string you input for the "Entire Catalog" search, the better the search result will be.
    In addition, after the the "Entire Catalog" search results are returned, on the top of the UI, you will see a drop list, and "Entire Catalog" is listed by default.
    You may drill down the search results by choose the subcategory for the further search that should produce a more target and specific results.
    As an example, searching for 'visio'.
    What I mean by "raw string search" is, for ANY information containing the string, 'visio', the results will be returned.
    Even the words like division, vision, etc will be picked up as they contains the string visio.
    The last three items which do not visually contain the string visio in this UI, and nothing is highlighted because the string visio contains in the description.
    The SQL statement executed for retuning the results is a fairly complex statement with multiple left outer join,
    case when else and selects for constructing the final results pulling the data from multiple tables.
    The order of the results show on the UI based on the actual orders returned from the database.
    There is no specific criteria for ordering.

• 3.  Re: Search Option In Catalog

Posted Aug 07, 2018 07:38 AM

Is it possible to add sog options on the search?

For example, i have a list of software inside an offering called "Install Software". The options are Office, Visio and Project. When i search for "visio" I receive "install software" as a result, but i would like to receive just the option "Visio". Is that possible?