Gen EDGE

• 1.  Find Missing File

Posted Jul 11, 2018 04:52 AM

Hello, i always got this problem and why it's happen??

but the file of ief6900.dat is already in that folder. 

and there have another things.  i also have this problem too.. sometime when i want save, to update or to check in the model the also show this pop up..after three times click on retry the pop up will be gone! sometime the folder already there..

this is my path on ca gen

thank for your help..

Amirah

• 2.  Re: Find Missing File
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 10:15 AM

Amirah,

In the last picture of your post, there is a problem with one of the Paths.  Your "Current" field shows the  value C:\Windows\system32, and it should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Gen86\Gen\".  You will need to edit the Icon you use to start the Gen 8.6 Toolset and change the "Start in" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Gen86\Gen\".

Regards,

Andy

• 3.  Re: Find Missing File

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 07:18 PM

Hi Amirah,

Just to add to Andy's advice are you definitely using the Toolset option/icon from the Windows start -> CA menu because that points to this shortcut "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CA\Gen 8.6\Toolset" which runs the Gen toolset.bat and the shortcut should have the properties Andy displayed.

Also check that GEN86 is set as an environment variable e.g. 

C:\>echo %GEN86%
    C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Gen86\

Is this your own dedicated machine or are you maybe using a virtual desktop environment e.g. Citrix VDI

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: Find Missing File

Posted Jul 11, 2018 08:22 PM

Hi Lynn,

thank your for your help. This is my own dedicated machine.. what do you mean by environment variable...it's environment you mean it?

on the window start i already change the location and it's working. after that i try to create shortcut to dekstop run as admisnistrator...and change like andy show the tutorial..when i open the toolset the paths it still on C:Windows\System32...i try to change it again but it can't working..

• 5.  Re: Find Missing File

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 08:58 PM

Hi Amirah,

I see the same behaviour when I create a desktop shortcut from the Toolset shortcut and then use "Run as administrator" on it i.e. the Current directory in Gen Toolset shows "C:Windows\System32".

I suspect that is probably unrelated to your random .dat & .wrk file "cannot be found" errors.

Were you trying to use "Run as administrator" to resolve these errors because you thought they were permissions based?

I am now wondering if the random "cannot be found" errors are related to anti-virus software temporarily blocking the file access.

Regards,

Lynn