Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we store the OAuth 2.0 in Context variable and use it again in the Route Via Authentication Tab(Use OAuth Authorization--> Select OAuth Version: 2.0)?

• 1.  Can we store the OAuth 2.0 in Context variable and use it again in the Route Via Authentication Tab(Use OAuth Authorization--> Select OAuth Version: 2.0)?

Posted Jul 11, 2018 09:08 AM

Can we store the OAuth 2.0 in Context variable and use it again in the Route Via Authentication Tab(Use OAuth Authorization--> Select OAuth Version: 2.0)?

I am storing the OAuth in the context variable(Oauthvalue) and i am trying to use it using it by specifying ${Oauthvalue} in Route Via "Authentication Tab" ("Use OAuth Authorization" --> Select "OAuth Version": "2.0" --> Give "Token variable" : "${Oauthvalue}")  . 

When i click on okay. and try to edit the route via assertion again. The value in the "Token variable" is changing to just "Oauthvalue"

Waiting for the solution.

Regards,

Yeswin

• 2.  Re: Can we store the OAuth 2.0 in Context variable and use it again in the Route Via Authentication Tab(Use OAuth Authorization--> Select OAuth Version: 2.0)?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 08:29 PM

Dear Yeswin,

I think you have done all you need, the route via http assertion will use the context variable at run time.

${Oauthvalue} or Oauthvalue, just kind of expression.

If you still have doubt, you may refer to the document,

Route via HTTP(S) Assertion - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Mark