CA Service Management

• 1.  Direct URL Launch for Support Automation

Posted Jul 11, 2018 11:08 AM

Background:

Right now in order to launch Support Automation. You must navigate to the employee page (or a link to the chat area). That allows you to input the area and description. Before clicking continue to launch the session.

Wish:

We would like to utilize Service Catalog as a means from which to direct a user to chat support for additional help. But would like to take it a step further then simply dumping them on the main page. Because if we ask them whats wrong once within Catalog we don't want to ask them the same questions again. The wish is to be able to pass a direct link into SDM with variables that we can fill from the form to launch chat immediately once the button is pushed.

Example of Concept:

http://hostname/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?area=other&?description=problems

Not sure if this is possible. Conceptually seems like it should work. But if someone has accomplished this or has an idea of how this would need to be formatted or passed. It would be helpful.

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Direct URL Launch for Support Automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2018 02:45 PM

Jordan,

I put together this url, which I believe will populate the information, but it doesn't auto launch SA (they still need to press "continue")

http://HOSTNAME/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=CREATE_NEW+FACTORY=sa_user_route+PRESET=pcat_rel:5100+PRESET=user_description:test+KEEP.itiltype=cr+KEEP.launchType=1 

NOTE: I'm unsure about pcat_rel vs category as the correct preset, and I can't confirm in my current system which is correct, but give this a shot.

If this works, then the next step may require a customization of the form to auto launch the exe, which is similar to the way the "join analyst now" interface auto launches from the notification url.

• 3.  Re: Direct URL Launch for Support Automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 02:09 PM

jordanreich 

Did the information provided by Alex_Perretti help?

• 4.  Re: Direct URL Launch for Support Automation

Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:44 AM

To a degree. We have been able to pass variables via a string to populate the data on the page from the form so at least the end user can hit 'continue' and not have to enter the data in again. So that degree I think we have resolved the problem. We've continued researching other more direct solution with limited success thus far.

By using the ?OP=SA_LAUNCH+FACTORY=sa_user_route

We have been able to have the chat session directly launch from a custom made link. But we tend to get stuck once the chat window loads. As it fails to locate the technician then sits in a retry(1), retry(2), retry(3). With no success.

When an analyst clicks the 'CREATE ASSISTANCE SESSIONS' in a ticket to make a chat session ready for the end user via the link the system sends you. Do you know exactly which tables are being written to when this problem happens (and what order).

We are attempting to programmatically recreate that using the form as the source making it happen.

• 5.  Re: Direct URL Launch for Support Automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:54 AM

Jordan,

An entry should be added to the sa_direct_session table.

Are you only seeing this problem with the direct sessions when you use the "modified" url, or can you trigger the same problem by using a standard Support Automation "join analyst" notification url?