Rally Software

• 1.  Why do predecessor stories lose feature mapping?

Posted Jul 12, 2018 03:44 AM

I am mapping dependencies between stories to create predecessors and successors.  As I do this, I'm noticing that my predecessor stories have their feature assignment removed.  Here's an example from the revision history:

FEATURE removed [Feature Fxxxx: name], PORTFOLIO ITEM removed [Feature Fxxxx: name], SUCCESSORS added [USyyyy: name]

Fortunately, the Successor story does not lose its feature mapping; its corresponding revision history entry looks like this:

PREDECESSORS added [USzzzz: name]

Can anyone explain why this is happening to predecessor stories?  It is driving my team crazy.

• 2.  Re: Why do predecessor stories lose feature mapping?

Posted Jul 12, 2018 06:34 AM

Lowd,

What page are you on when you do this, and what are the steps you are taking?  I have not been able to reproduce this situation.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Why do predecessor stories lose feature mapping?

Posted Jul 12, 2018 02:35 PM

From the Portfolio Items tree grid, I display features, and expand the feature I'm working on.

I then open a story which displays in the side pane and choose the dependencies icon.

In the following screen, I "add new" (either as predecessor or successor) and "choose" an existing user story that is already mapped to a feature.

When I refresh my Portfolio Items grid, the story which I added no longer shows under its feature.  I can switch to the Plan > User Stories page, and filter for stories with no feature, and I will see the story which I added (either as predecessor or successor).

I can then remap the featureless story to its correct feature, but this is an ugly workaround.

• 4.  Re: Why do predecessor stories lose feature mapping?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 20, 2018 09:54 AM

Lowd,

Sorry for the delay on this.  I was finally able to reproduce this issue and will file a Defect for it.  I'll also get a case created so we can notify you when there is a disposition on this issue.

Michael

• 5.  Re: Why do predecessor stories lose feature mapping?

Posted Aug 14, 2018 02:39 AM

Lowd and all,

The fix for this issue has been released!  If you find any issues, please let us know.

Michael