Layer7 API Management

• 1.  KeyValueStore

Posted Jul 12, 2018 05:39 AM

Hello team ,

I just came across Custom key value store on CA api documentation.. Using the KeyValueStoreServices Object - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation  What is the purpose of this?

Also we are trying the Etag caching in our gateway to have optimistic updating capabilities  of our exposed resources.. 

Can we use this feature to hold Etags for selective resources by creating a keystore per use case?

Will there be an performance hurdles if use this feature release this as layer7 9.0 doesn't support distributed caching [ooTB]. 

Also by documentation I understand keystore is accessible for manipulation by two means  

1. Custom assertion

2. Restman interface. 

Which is best way if I want to achieve manipulation programatically during the runtime.

Thanks,

Rohit

• 2.  Re: KeyValueStore

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2018 05:37 PM

Rohit,

I assume you wanted distributed caching capabilities to store the HTTP Etags?

Custom Key Value Store persist data into the Gateway configuration DB.  Read/Write values to DB usually does not perform as well as in memory datastore such as Redis/Hazelcast etc.

HTTP Etags are not something that lives in the system for long periods of time.  I would choose a caching solution instead of using the custom key value store that performs much better.  There are a few options:

• Local cache (via Lookup / Write to cache) data is not distributed
    • Remote cache (memcache, redis etc)

Michael Kwan