Gen EDGE

• 1.  ca gen internal fatal error

Posted Jul 13, 2018 12:32 AM

hello guy,

what this error mean...and to solve this? i got this error after i checkout the subset and try to edit a bit.. then save and then try to open it back..i got that error med=ssage popup..

this error i got when i want to update with check-in and and without check-in...the file is in the folder...but it's can't detect the file...after try toc lose the toolset and re-opened it, and it;s working.

thank,

regards,

Amirah

• 2.  Re: ca gen internal fatal error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 02:43 AM

Hi Amirah,

this doesn't seems related to CA GEN, this is related to your machine memory. Please check  your temporary pagefile usage with your local System Admin. Please see for info: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/what-is-pagefilesys-3608749/ 

regards

Thomas

• 3.  Re: ca gen internal fatal error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 10:55 AM

Amirah,

In addition to Thomas' comments, it is possible the model DAT files have become corrupt on your Windows workstation.  Checking out the model/subset will usually fix this problem.

Cheers,

Andy

• 4.  Re: ca gen internal fatal error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2018 05:48 PM

Hi Amirah,

Regarding the paging file error were you also using Gen Studio on the model?

I am also thinking the update.trn symptom is similar to your other "random file access problem" thread: Find Missing File 

Could these problems be due to anti-virus software as I suggested in that thread?

Is it possible to temporarily disable any anti-virus software you have running to test if the problems are resolved?

Regards,

Lynn