CA Service Management

• 1.  xflow analyst not launching

Posted Jul 16, 2018 07:35 AM

Hi Team

We have implemented servicedesk 17.1 version AA mode and we have 2 applciation servers. On 1 application server we have installed USS and xflow analyst without any error. We are able to access USS application and can login but Xflow UI is not launching. Even i have restarted Search server service and xflow service multiple times but still no luck. even i have put hostname and ip address instead of localhost but same issue.

Im wondering where the issue is because it is a fresh installation and we have done xflow installation earlier in another migrated environment to 17.0 and xflow working there without any issue. But here in 17.1 im confused if there is anything to configure to over come this issue?

Pls note our servicedesk shares mdb with service catalog.

Please advise how this issue can be resolved as we have to go live by next week

• 2.  Re: xflow analyst not launching

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:00 AM

Hey Aamir,

I'd recommend raising a support case for this as I'm not sure if the xFlow services are not starting (if so, why), or if there was indeed an issue during the install itself

_R

• 3.  Re: xflow analyst not launching

Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:17 AM

Hi Raghu

Case  opened now and assigned technician asked me for the logs which i sent

One of the support chat consultant Shrisha advised me to turn on logging. which i did but no luck still,.

Turning on logging for xFlow - CA Knowledge 

last year i implemented sdm 17.0 with xflow n other feature in another environment and i didnt follow this kb logging turning on and xflow was working perfectly in 17.0 ... now in 17.1 ...imnot sure ..what changes has been made for xflow?? Please advise.

There we no errors during the installtion and it went successfull.....and services are already up..

case # 

• 4.  Re: xflow analyst not launching

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:39 AM

Aamir, do you see something in the log files? Starting from xFlowService.log...Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: xflow analyst not launching
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 30, 2018 02:22 AM

Issue has been resolved by upgrading xflow from 17.0 to 17.1

• 6.  Re: xflow analyst not launching

Posted Sep 04, 2018 05:14 AM

We can see the problem also with 17.1 and rollup 1. Please advise.

• 7.  Re: xflow analyst not launching

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2018 09:56 AM

Andreas_Eriksson 

If you are able to reproduce the behavior with the latest CA SDM 17.1 RU1 version, please open a CA Support case for further analysis.