Clarity

• 1.  "Idea - Approve - All" Access right

Posted Jul 16, 2018 09:45 AM

Hi,

i need to know the full access rights for "Idea - Approve - All". If i have this access then the idea created by me also get approved. if yes please help to have access right not to approve ideas created by me.

• 2.  Re: "Idea - Approve - All" Access right

Posted Jul 16, 2018 06:57 PM

Hi 

Yes, the Idea - Approve - All access rights gives you access to approve all ideas including the ones created by you. 

The only way I can think of is by giving instance level Idea -Approve access rights so that you can only approve specific ideas and not all but these idea should be present in the system already. 

Thanks

Shailey

• 3.  Re: "Idea - Approve - All" Access right

Posted Jul 17, 2018 05:19 AM

thanks shailey for your reply.

• 4.  Re: "Idea - Approve - All" Access right
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:26 AM

Hi Deepan, 

If you are looking for an access right that will give you the ability to approve all the ideas in the PPM environment, except the ones that you created, then I would say that there is not such rights like that in PPM.

Like Shailey mentioned the Idea - Approve - All rights will make sure that the resource is able to approve any idea in the system, regardless the "created by" field. 

And you cannot depend on the Idea - Approve instance specific right either, as that will take a manual intervention to select all ideas and then de-select the ones that the respective user has created. Even after doing that, you have add other ideas, that will be created in the future by any other user. So this is not a feasible thing to do. 

To conclude, there is no such right that will give an user Idea approval rights, for all the ideas except the ones created by the user himself/herself. Hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

• 5.  Re: "Idea - Approve - All" Access right

Posted Jul 17, 2018 05:18 AM

thanks a lot Abhisek for your detailed explanation.