DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Shutdown server notification

Posted Jul 17, 2018 09:04 AM

The current process is the server is shutdown unnotified from the client side and we are getting critical alerts . I  am looking for a solution to notify the server event 'shutting down "  and suppress the critical alert due to this event .  The logic  is to bring the server into maintenance when shutdown is initiated and exit from maintenance when the server is back online. Please let me know if this can be done or not.

• 2.  Re: Shutdown server notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 04:28 AM

I don't have a perfect answer, but let me approach this way.

a) If action effort of end user side could be scoped, give them USM access to let them manage maintenance rules by themselves.

If maintenance mode related permission is granted, they are also able to manage maintenance rules by themselves.

b) if action effort of end user side could not be scoped, you may want to use some event driven logic to automate it.

I have one example, but I won't say this is a good example.

capture net_connect probe based PING fail alert, then attach the target device into active maintenance in an automated manner.

capture net_connect probe based PING success alert, then detach the target device from active maintenance in automated manner as well.

• 3.  Re: Shutdown server notification

Posted Jul 18, 2018 05:13 AM

end user action effort could not be scoped. I am also have the second logic you mentioned, but looking for a script to automate it.