Clarity

• 1.  Can we use For loop(iteration) in Jaspersoft studio report?

Posted Jul 17, 2018 07:20 AM

Is it possible to have a loop run in a text field in the detail section in jaspersoft Report?

I have a report that returns a series of records in the detail section. Is it possible to create an expression that loops through all the records but does it on each line?

Ex : Clarity PPM Tool : I have a program with dependencies (projects) that program has 3 projects.i want to display program status report in jaspersoft studio with 3 project's information(Budget,cost & Actual). Is there any possible to display program dependencies in Jaspersoft studio report.

I have never used this tool and cannot find anything online that helps explain how to do this.

• 2.  Re: Can we use For loop(iteration) in Jaspersoft studio report?

Posted Jul 17, 2018 07:31 AM

you can use Sub report with 3 project's information(Budget,cost & Actual) in detail section and pass Program id as report parameter, please note that value which you need to pass should be field ( $F{Prgram_id} ) as this value will for each detail section based on sql from your main dataset.

Regards,

Prashank Singh

• 3.  Re: Can we use For loop(iteration) in Jaspersoft studio report?

Posted Jul 17, 2018 07:42 AM

Some programs has 2 to 5 projects. So how do i define program information in jaspersoft studio.

Ex: Program(PR0001) has 2 projects

Program(PR0002) has 5 projects

Program(PR0003) has 4 projects.

I don't get constant information for the program. If all the program has 2 projects, i can simply add 2 columns in the report and also i will add the text field for the particular column.

But the above case is not constant. It is changing depends on the program. So i can't define the text field for the column.

• 4.  Re: Can we use For loop(iteration) in Jaspersoft studio report?

Posted Jul 18, 2018 01:38 AM

Create a Sub report which brings data of projects per Program and then add this Sub report to main report detail section and pass parameter program id. By this way Project will repeat (in the form of subreport) in detail section as per different program. This will give you dynamic rows in sub report.

• 5.  Re: Can we use For loop(iteration) in Jaspersoft studio report?

Posted Jul 18, 2018 04:25 AM

Hi Prashank,

Thanks for your information.

I have gathered only the program information and display only the program related information on the ppt slide.I have attached also the current JRXML file which has program status report details(design & Query) that has been taken more time to complete the report.I haven't done anything related to Sub Report and do you have any sample design which you are using sub report to extract the project information.