Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Performance issues after data migration

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:33 PM

Dear Experts,

We have recently installed Version 12.1.1. HF3 with Tomcat as AWI and performed the data load from Version 10. We have started noticing slow performance when trying to access the AE. The issue started occuring recently. When accessing huge work flows, sometimes the Internet explorer freezes as well. Can anyone please provide us the list of performance tuning suggestions that can be performed in the system?

As well as it would be very helpful if you can share as well the house keeping jobs.

Thanks and Regards
    Vimal

• 2.  Re: Performance issues after data migration

Posted Jul 17, 2018 04:01 PM

Hi

thats a big jump over 3 Major Versions....

Did you increase performance of your AE Server accordingly?

Hope you are not running AE and AWi on the same Server...

This sizing table should help you a bit:

Automic 

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Performance issues after data migration

Posted Jul 18, 2018 03:16 AM

Hi Wolfgang,

Yes. Currently we have only 10 -20% of the total CPU usage and 60% is the max memory used.

We do have sufficient H/W resources available in the system. We did a check with the Automic consultant regarding the sizing and they have confirmed that the resources are sufficient for my current data .

And yes both AWI and AE are running on the same hosts only. 

Do you have any performance tuning suggestions? 

Thanks and Regards

Vimal

• 4.  Re: Performance issues after data migration

Posted Jul 18, 2018 03:40 AM

Hi.

started noticing slow performance when trying to access the AE. The issue started occuring recently. When accessing huge work flows, sometimes the Internet explorer freezes as well

We have analyzed slowdowns with IE when working with large workflows. See here:

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241808071-psa-why-you-currently-want-a-big-workstation-for-awi

I have also heard other reports of even more severe slowdowns and freezing browsers, I have yet to see this severity myself though.

At present time, there is nothing that can be done besides raising more attention with Automic. I have also raised this during the Automation Summit but have not yet received any further replies.

Hth (well, I guess it doesn't really help, but hey ... )

• 5.  Re: Performance issues after data migration

Posted Jul 18, 2018 01:52 PM

Hi

as Carsten_Schmitz mentions, thats a #### situation...

my only hint would be running tomcat on another server but that does not prevent the users from getting bad browser performance.

possibly using another browser works, but i did not test it myself...

The only chance I see is contacting support & your account manager & the consultant & get ready to rumble... :-)

sry..

cheers, Wolfgang