CA Service Management

• 1.  Forms n workflows creation

Posted Jul 18, 2018 06:40 AM

Hi Team

We have some cloud services offering to our customers. As of now the process is manual and the team is willing to come on a proper platform for offering their services i.e CA Service Catalog.

We have some forms and approval process from multiple teams to request the services. How can we create Forms n workflows in CA service Catalog? We have Implemented 17.1 version.

Please advise.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Forms n workflows creation
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2018 02:49 PM

This is a big questions to answer.

I would suggest to have a look at the CA Service Catalog OOTB content, there is several exemple of how to build forms with data integration and how to trigger rules to create workflows.

• 3.  Re: Forms n workflows creation

Posted Jul 19, 2018 08:37 AM

Hi pier

Thanks for the information

we have service offering which goes from multiple approval process. Does service catalog handle multiple approvals in workflows or do we need to put PAM for it? please advise...

on which cases we need pam with service catalog?

• 4.  Re: Forms n workflows creation

Posted Jul 19, 2018 09:11 AM

That would be more a job for PAM in my opinion.

If you are a beginner, you have a huge learning curve.

My tips :

Learn basic Javascript.

Explore Catalog webServices with SoapUI.

Interact with Catalog webservices with an easy language you understand. (Powershell is very easy to work with)

When you are confortable, go in PAM. Otherwise you will have to learn JavaScrip, Catalog WS and PAM at the same time. I guarantee you will hang yourself

• 5.  Re: Forms n workflows creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2018 09:33 AM

If you want detailed control then I'd certainly agree with Pier-Olivier that Process Automation is your answer here. But for a simple multiple-approval system you may find that Policy-based Approval does all you need:

Use Policies to Manage Requests - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation