Rally Software

• 1.  Decent Agile Central back-end tools?

Posted Jul 17, 2018 03:49 PM

Does anyone know if there are any back-end  Agile Central admin tools that allow us to manage/close down Rally projects? 

Right now we have to manually sort through every project in our space to determine which ones are no longer active.   And there are hundreds! 

Thanks.

Frank Varisco

Travelers

• 2.  Re: Decent Agile Central back-end tools?

Posted Jul 18, 2018 06:51 AM

Frank,

I don't know of anything that has been created to manage Projects.  I was not able to find anything during a cursory search through some GitHub repositories.  Maybe someone else here knows of something.

If not, we can connect you with the CA Technical Services Team who can work with you to create a custom app or program for your purposes.  There would be a fee for the services, but just wanted to make you aware of the option.

Hopefully someone else has some thoughts.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Decent Agile Central back-end tools?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 04:20 PM

Hi Frank,

I think the Excel add-in can help you here. You can use the Excel add-in to export all your projects, make certain to include the 'State' column/field and you shall be able to get all the open/close projects.

You can learn more on the Excel add-in here:

CA Agile Central Add-in for Excel Installation & User Guide | CA Agile Central Help 

Excel | CA Agile Central Help 

Please let us know if that helped.

Sagi

• 4.  Re: Decent Agile Central back-end tools?

Posted Jul 19, 2018 08:36 AM

One of the main issues we have is that some of these projects have not been used for a couple years.  However, the only way to know whether or not they’ve been active is to look directly onto their Kanban board.

What I want is a way to scan the Rally projects without opening every single one and know which ones are not active.

• 5.  Re: Decent Agile Central back-end tools?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2018 03:50 PM

Hi Frank,

This article demonstrates what I meant:

Agile Central - Projects: How to find all projects - CA Knowledge 

Please let us know if that helped.

Thanks,

Sagi