Clarity

• 1.  Missing Collaboration Tab

Posted Jul 18, 2018 10:38 AM

For some reason the collaboration tab is not visible for projects.  I've checked the Project Default Layout - Tabs and see it listed and checked as active.  Anyone have ideas as to what may be causing this?  We are currently on v14.2 and will be upgrading shortly and wish to get this actively working prior to upgrade.

Thanks,

Art

• 2.  Re: Missing Collaboration Tab

Posted Jul 18, 2018 10:44 AM

The logged in user needs access as well in order to see the tab.

(They need to be a participant or have the view-documents right granted to them)

• 3.  Re: Missing Collaboration Tab

Posted Jul 18, 2018 10:58 AM

David,

Thank you for the response.  I found that while I am the system administrator, when I came onboard the view-documents right was not included in my access rights.  I just added that and am able to see the collaboration tab.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Missing Collaboration Tab
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2018 10:55 AM

Yes, As David mentioned, grant user (either directly or via Groups) the Global "Project-View Documents (All)" right (or, to limit to a group of projects, can grant right using OBS). 

Ensure that the "Allow Non-participants to Access Document" box is checked when adding folders/documents to projects

• 5.  Re: Missing Collaboration Tab

Posted Jul 18, 2018 11:18 AM

Unfortunately I don't see the Global "Project-View Documents (All)" right, so may need to explore further for rights.