Clarity

• 1.  Gel Script to create a cost plan

Posted Jul 18, 2018 01:24 PM

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to automate the cost plan creation on a project in same way the out of box "Populate from Task Assignment" option work. We do have a query which picks the data  from PPA_WIP table for actuals and time slice table for monthly ETC's available in OWB.  

The requirement is something like  "Create a cost plan automatically in each project using group by transaction class and charge code, period monthly for all the actuals Laor and Non labor posted so far and forecast from OWB for labor and non labor accounts." 

Please share your idea if someone is using similar concept.

Thanks,

Shalinee 

• 2.  Re: Gel Script to create a cost plan

Posted Jul 18, 2018 06:15 PM

I have not done this but I would say that even if youbare doing it through a Gel script, you will basically do an insert in a database table of the PPM application. CA never recommends doing such activity where you are updating the PPM db. Other tables mighy not get updated which are related to cost plan. And in case, any corruptions happens, you won't get any support from CA.

• 3.  Re: Gel Script to create a cost plan

Posted Jul 24, 2018 02:02 PM

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Gel Script to create a cost plan
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 24, 2018 07:27 AM

I will suggest use of xog via gel script for creating your plan based on sql which you have already extracted. You can also created a template project and cost plan so that you can read xog structure and then placing segments based on fiscal period which you are going to use. 

• 5.  Re: Gel Script to create a cost plan

Posted Jul 24, 2018 02:02 PM

Thanks.