Clarity

• 1.  NSQL to pass PARAM to another query

Posted Jul 19, 2018 06:17 AM

Hi All,

I came again with a new query on NSQL. I am trying to write down a query which will accept two parameters in where clause. Both of them will be transferred from another portlet. When I click on a link in a portlet it will open another portlet. The inner portlet query will fetch he data according to the values passed from the outer portlet.

Now the trick is I need to pass the PARAM value of outer portlet to inner portlet. I can easily send the DIM to inner portlet using link in the inner query and @where:param:xml:string:/data/area/@value@ but I don't know how to pass the PARAM value which I am getting from portlet filter to the inner query.

Could you please help me with it. I need to pass the value of @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:fin_year@ to another portlet query.

Thanks,

Aradhana

• 2.  Re: NSQL to pass PARAM to another query

Posted Jul 19, 2018 07:31 AM

You can return the parameter value of the first query as a returned-column in the NSQL of the first query - you would then "pass down" that column to the second query in the same way as you currently do for the other columns (using the where:param:xml: )