Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Repeatedly Run a job in the workflow based on the values in VARA object

• 1.  Repeatedly Run a job in the workflow based on the values in VARA object

Posted Jul 19, 2018 09:52 AM

Hello All,

I would like to run a job in the workflow repeatedly based on the values in a VARA object. I don't want to use FOR-EACH Workflow, so is there any chance that I can recursively run a job in the STANDARD workflow using script functions. I also want to pass that value as a agent name in the attributes section of the job.

Note : Activate_Uc_object is one script function which we shouldn't use as we want to see the status of all the recursive jobs in the process monitoring perspective, if we use this script function, we need to get into the report to check the status which we really don't want.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 2.  Re: Repeatedly Run a job in the workflow based on the values in VARA object

Posted Jul 19, 2018 11:03 AM

I have done this with activate_uc_object() and the "WAIT" option recently.  This results in the spawned objects running single-threaded, and the script also waits if the synchronous object fails.  Only one spawned object is visible in the activity window at a time.  (In my use-case, this was exactly what we wanted.)

Another idea I've investigated and like, but I have never used, is to assign the spawned object to a job-group.  The script would use activate_uc_object() to spawn the entire list of jobs without waiting, and then the next task of the workflow would be to execute that job-group.