DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  nas 9.00?

Posted Jul 20, 2018 10:07 AM

Anyone have any gotchas/watch out for/issues outside "known issues" that are worth considering before I upgrade my nas to 9.00 from 8.52?  I don't  currently have any issues per say that I can speak of with the 8.52 version I am currently running, which begs the question of why upgrade then.  At this point I think its time to come up to speed with nas 9.00 as I move forward with cleaning up our UIM environment.  I like to think there is some improvements to be had even when they are not readily apparent in the product information document.  So I throw it out to the community to provide some input good or bad before I make the move.  Since I have not come across any other info not to, if I don't hear anything negative worth holding off, I plan to upgrade mid late next week.

• 2.  Re: nas 9.00?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 09:35 AM

the only reason to update to nas 9.0 is if you are using the latest spectrumgtw probe that requires this.

the latest hotfix is here:

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Hotfix Index - CA Technologies 

If you are not having an specific problem you are trying to solve I would leave your nas venison where it is.

• 3.  Re: nas 9.00?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 08:11 PM

Hi

You could upgrade to 8.56HF5 to 9.00 if required as you are on 8.5x.Check the release notes for the changes for 8.56HF5

For nas 9.0

Known Issues and Troubleshooting

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/nas-alarm-server/nas-alarm-server-release-notes#nas(AlarmServer)ReleaseNotes-KnownIssueTroubleshootingKnownIssuesandTroubleshooting

Note: nas (Alarm Server) v9.00 is a prerequisite, for upgrading to ems v10.17. If you are using an earlier
    version of nas, please upgrade to nas 9.00.