Rally Software

• 1.  Problem with integration between PractiTest and CA Agile Central

Posted Jul 23, 2018 09:39 AM

HI,

My name is Christine and I'm the Customer Service manager at PractiTest. We developed the two-way integration with CA Agile Central that worked fine until the last week. Our customers started to complain that the integration doesn't work properly. 

We have checked the integration internally and found that CA Agile Central sends the updated information back to PractiTest but with a huge delay ( ~ 12 hours). 

In case this issue won't be resolved ASAP, we will have to notify all the customers who are using the integration to stop using it and work within PractiTest for now.

Please get back to me ASAP at christine@practitest.com

• 2.  Re: Problem with integration between PractiTest and CA Agile Central
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 12:18 PM

Hi Christine,

Last week we deprecated our support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1, we provided this notice a number of times before it was deprecated last Mon, 07.16:

Agile Central TLS 1.0 and 1.1 Deprecation Notice 

It sounds like your integration is something you developed yourself, so please double-check if you are using TLS 1.2 which is what we are supporting. Also, make certain the browsers are set to use TLS 1.2, see:

Enabling TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 on web browsers 

The fact this is performing slowly is suggesting it's not the TLS issue (if the TLS issue then it should not work at all), but the timing is quite suspicious being right around our announcement.

Please look into all of this and let us know if you were aware of this deprecation, if your connector is/isn't using TLS 1.2 etc..  If after all this, still working and still slowly then you may need to create a support case.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Problem with integration between PractiTest and CA Agile Central

Posted Jul 24, 2018 10:57 AM

Hi Sagi,

Thanks for your reply.

Consulted with our dev team and they checked what you specified above. The thing is that we don't have problems connecting to CA Agile Central, but a problem that CA Agile Central doesn't notify our ALB (Application Load Balancer by Amazon). ALB supports latest TLS, of course. So it's not related to TLS.

Can  you please convert this into support ticket and get back to me regarding the ongoing issue our customers have to experience?

Thanks in advance

Christine