DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  my harvester does not work after a day of collecting flow

Posted Jul 23, 2018 01:41 PM
    my harvester does not work after a day of collecting flow the logs do not indicate anything I restart the service
    and this works in a normal way

2018-07-18T20:41:38.960438Z 0 [Note] /netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
    Version: '5.7.19-enterprise-commercial-advanced' socket: '/netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow/data/mysql.sock' port: 3307 Source distribution
    2018-07-18T20:41:38.960456Z 0 [Note] Executing 'SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES;' to get a list of tables using the deprecated partition engine. You may use the startup option '--disable-partition-engine-check' to skip this check.
    2018-07-18T20:41:38.960460Z 0 [Note] Beginning of list of non-natively partitioned tables
    RPR CSE data dir is [/netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow//datafiles/ReaperArchive]
    RPR CSE log file is [/netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow//Logs/RPRStorageEngine.log]
    RPR CSE ready to load dynlib [/netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow//bin/libRPRStorageEngine.so]
    15:41:38 b_test failure at nqosutils.cpp 1097 - - 13 Permission denied
    15:41:38 hr_test failure 0xffffffff at nqosutils.cpp 1097 -
    NFA CSE data dir is [/netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow/datafiles/HarvesterArchive]
    NFA CSE log file is [/netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow//Logs/NFAStorageEngine.log]
    INFO - If you want more detailed logging for NFA CSE, please create the log file [/netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow//Logs/NFAStorageEngine.log] (and on Linux ensure that it is writable by the NFA user)
    NFA CSE ready to load dynlib [/netflow/CA/NFA/Netflow/bin/libNFAStorageEngine.so]
    15:41:38 b_test failure at nqosutils.cpp 1097 - - 13 Permission denied
    15:41:38 hr_test failure 0xffffffff at nqosutils.cpp 1097 -
    2018-07-18T20:41:39.046799Z 0 [Note] End of list of non-natively partitioned tables

• 2.  Re:  my harvester does not work after a day of collecting flow

Posted Jul 23, 2018 08:38 PM

Any third party applications running on the server which might be interrupting the harvester process ?

Tech Tip: NFA Reaper Service Dies Periodically 

• 3.  Re:  my harvester does not work after a day of collecting flow

Posted Jul 23, 2018 08:42 PM

Hi Phani Devulapalli, 

I do not have a configured antivirus is a linux red hat 7 server but none of the logs presents any errors only the stfadmpmo, the harvester runs one day and the next the processes within the administration of NFA are painted in red

Thanks 

• 4.  Re:  my harvester does not work after a day of collecting flow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 10:47 AM

Does the harvester service or any other services actually stop on the harvester?

Check for errors in the harvester-wrapper log in the /opt/CA/NFA/Netflow/logs directory.

• 5.  Re:  my harvester does not work after a day of collecting flow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 09:56 AM

Are you still having this issue, were you able to review the logs in the /opt/CANFA/Netflow/logs directory?

• 6.  Re:  my harvester does not work after a day of collecting flow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 12:06 PM

Were you able to get this working, or get any information from the NFA logs?

Note that if a router cannot be snmp polled, it will get put into a rebootRefresh state until it can be snmp polled as described in the document below.

Why are my routers in a RebootRefresh poll state a - CA Knowledge 

• 7.  Re: my harvester does not work after a day of collecting flow
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2018 10:53 AM

Thanks for the help Christopher.

that happens when the services are not raised with the indicated user all services were raised with root and some services have to be raised with the user nfa that is by default