Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Planning to do automation of API Onboarding

Posted Jul 24, 2018 01:07 AM

Hello All,

I am really not sure whether it is possible or not but just got an idea and exposing here to get help from all of you. Kindly help me to achieve this below.

What are the tools/technologies needed to do automation of API onboarding?

Normal scenario we will get backend URL(Either ?WSDL or REST API) from application team. We will onboard this by logging into the Policy Manager by selecting either Publish wsdl service or Publish WEB api after that we will make the branching and provide some security to allow limited and required people to access the Webservice.

Now all this wanted to automate.

As normal continuous delivery we are using Jenkins and Git to build and deploy the code in backend systems. After that we are taking the URL from backend resource and onboarding in API gateway.

Same way how to automate as soon as the build file deployed in backend servers?

I don't know whether I am clear or not but my intention is directly developer can onboard his service into API gateway without logging into Gateway server/portal and make use of the API/ he would get the mail from Gateway saying the service is onboarded so please use this API to access your backend system.

Thanks

Rajasekhar

• 2.  Re: Planning to do automation of API Onboarding

Posted Aug 07, 2018 01:20 AM

Hello All,

Can someone kindly provide some instructions to implement this.

Thanks

Rajasekhar

• 3.  Re: Planning to do automation of API Onboarding
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2018 10:25 PM

The restman interface, or GMU should help.

restman can CRUD many gateway entities, but using /bundle could be easier to integrate with git/jenkins

https://<your gateway>:8443/restman/1.0/doc/restDoc.html#1.0/bundle 

for GMU, you may refer to,

Gateway Migration - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation