Clarity

• 1.  Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 02:46 AM

• 2.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 04:52 AM

This looks like a custom attribute. Do you see this field in Projects? I don't see an OOTB attribute named like this. May be this is a custom read-only attribute that gets populated by a process, or a custom calculated attribute..

• 3.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 05:06 AM

Thanks Jeevan, will try to figure this out. but with this we need a programming in the backend?

Thanks,

Oliver

• 4.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 04:56 AM

Hi Oliver, 

I believe this Actual Implementation Services Cost is a custom attribute. I did not see this in a vanilla system. 

If that is the case, then you could have created a calculated attribute with the same name and use the formula as per your business requirement. PPM will provide you the mathematical operators to build the same. Hope that helps. 

Let me know if I am missing our anything. 

Regards,

Abhisek Dhar

• 5.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 05:05 AM

Thank Abhisek, will check on this. So we need some programming in the back end?

Thanks,

oliver

• 6.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 05:09 AM

If you have already created an attribute, you will not be able to change the type, hence you are left with the option of creating a new attribute, and that would be a Calculated Attribute. 

Then only you will be prompted the option of providing the formula on how the attribute value will be calculated. So hopefully, you will understand what to do from that stage.  It is pretty simple. 

All the best!

• 7.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

• 8.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 05:24 AM

Thanks will read on this.

BR,

oliver

• 9.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 02:30 AM

Hi Veroli,

You may already know how to create Calculated attribute.

You can create Calculated attribute by selecting below Data Type. Select "Calculated".

After saved Calculated attribute, you will see [Build Calculated Attribute] link in below screen.

To click [Build Calculated Attribute] , you can define your calculation by using available functions.

You can use below functions for your calculation.

For example of my case, I used "Average" as function and custom attribute of num1 and num2 as argument.

Then expression (num1+num2)/2 was created. 

Regards,

Shoichi

• 10.  Re: Hi I am new in CA PPM anyone has idea in how to auto calculate the Actual Implementation Services Cost please see my screenshots below. Thank you in advance.

Posted Jul 25, 2018 02:43 AM

Hi Shoichi,

Will check on this, thank you!

Br,

oliver