Test Data Manager

• 1.  Susetting and Masking process for SQLserver, DB2 UDB and Sybase

Posted Jul 24, 2018 11:36 AM

I wanted to perform Data extraction from source to target using GT Subset and do In-flight masking for Sybase, DB2 UDB and MySQL type Database. I got to know that CA TDM Tool supports both In-flight and In-place masking for these three Database type. Would like to check the options available in the GTSubset for these databases on extraction and In-flight masking process on how the data is being extracted, like whether Data would be extracted from Database to File? If so is that data file stores in local directory/system as it does for SQLServer datatype ?. would be great if some one shares documentation if available and explain the process of CA TDM Tool on how the data is being extracted from source and loaded in the target environment for these three DB types?

Thanks 

Vijaya Rudhran

• 2.  Re: Susetting and Masking process for SQLserver, DB2 UDB and Sybase

Broadcom Employee

• 3.  Re: Susetting and Masking process for SQLserver, DB2 UDB and Sybase

Posted Jul 26, 2018 10:01 AM

Thanks Ryan for taking time to give response to my queries related to Inflight masking. URL was helpful. however URL was talking about general process of subsetting at high level where I am looking for GT Subset options in detail for three DB types whether it can extract data in file format locally or in server dump directory etc. Many Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Susetting and Masking process for SQLserver, DB2 UDB and Sybase
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2018 10:48 AM

• 5.  Re: Susetting and Masking process for SQLserver, DB2 UDB and Sybase

Posted Jul 26, 2018 11:17 AM

Thanks Billy for providing the useful link which clarified my query.

• 6.  RE: Re: Susetting and Masking process for SQLserver, DB2 UDB and Sybase

Posted Mar 04, 2022 02:10 AM
    Hi Billy, The link in your comment does not work now. Would you please share the update link for this documentation. I am having similar ask for Db2 system

• 7.  RE: Re: Susetting and Masking process for SQLserver, DB2 UDB and Sybase

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2022 03:32 AM
    Wow that is a while back.  Here is the current link.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/devops/test-data-management/4-9.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is something specifically I can help you with.