CA Service Management

• 1.  Is this policy behaviour ok?

Posted Jul 24, 2018 03:24 PM

Hi! Im working with policies for my approval process. A few weeks ago I got a combination that worked for my need but now it is not working anymore so I dont know if the behaviour is correct.

What i need is this:

- Some offertings must be approved by the managers that are inside a group. Those managers can be on differents positions depending on the user that makes the request (for some is the 5th manager and for others is the 1st manager for example)

My configuration for doing that is the following:

What I expect is that only the managers that belong to that group must receive the approval request. What it happens is that all the managers (1, 2, 3, 4) and all the people in the group receive the approval. Is ok my configuration? Is it possible to do what i expect?

What makes me doubt is that all the combinations (with AND, with OR, with ANY, with ALL) throws the same results. Is that correct?

Regards

• 2.  Re: Is this policy behaviour ok?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 05:01 AM

Hi,

All the possible approvers will receive the email. The difference between Any and All, is that with Any, only one of them needs to perform the approval, but All means that approval won't pass until they all have.

The Or / And becomes relevant when you have multiple lines with multiple levels - so that the group or the manager list can approve, or both a group member and a manager from the list do.

Hopefully this makes things a little clearer.

Iain

• 3.  Re: Is this policy behaviour ok?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 05:32 AM

The following I found that could possibly get you further.
    It is not intended to be the 'full soklution'. More of a guide through.

Step 7 - Specify Assignees for a Policy
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/using/request-management/request-management-using-ca-service-catalog/request-management-from-an-administrator-perspective/use-policies-to-manage-requests#UsePoliciestoManageRequests-Step7-SpecifyAssigneesforaPolicy

During the investigation performed the below tasks
    1. Verified if the group defined is exiting in EEM and Active - YES
    2. Verified if we can create a request with condition to divert to a user and not group - Not OK
    3. Validated the Good case and Bad case of similar Condition which was working for a group
    Good case condition:
    $(anySoWith('status',lteq,800) &&(_.service.name=='Service_Name')&&(_.sog['Test'].serviceoption[1].form['from_test'].proj_name=='Testproj'))
    Bad case Condition:
    $(anySoWith('status',lteq,800) &&(_.service.name=='Service_Name')&&(_.sog['Test'].serviceoption[1].form['from_test']._proj_name=='Testproj'))

Identified that there is a small type within the condition which was correct i.e. "._proj_name=='Testproj'" was corrected to ".proj_name=='Testproj'"
    Tested the scenario again it worked without any issues.

Kind in advance for your understanding regards, Louis van Amelsfort.