Clarity

• 1.  Input Type code in PPA_WIP Tables

Posted Jul 24, 2018 11:21 PM

WE have changed our cost plan to be grouped on the bases of Input type code. Previously we had assigned wrong Input type codes to few of our resources, which we changed now.

But the issue is that the already posted transactions hold the previous wrong input type code in PPA_WIP table. And therefore i can see the entries of wrong input type code in cost plan also.

I assume that if we change the Input type code in PPA_WIP table for already posted transactions, my issue will be resolved.

Can anyone suggest or help me on how i can change the Input type code in PPA_WIP table. And also can we directly update the input type code value in table of ppa_wip

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Input Type code in PPA_WIP Tables

Posted Jul 25, 2018 02:25 AM

The supported way of doing that is through creating and approving WIP adjustments.

When selecting the WIP entries to be adjustments you can filter for the input type code.

Yes, technically you can edit the values in db, but the down side is as usual an corrupt those records unless you also change everywhere else where that particular entry is used and copied by the system.