Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Live Flashing UC4 Job's status

Posted Jul 26, 2018 06:51 AM

Hi,

I'm using AUTOMIC  Version 10.0.2 (Built - .624 & JRE Version 1.7.0_25 64 Bit). We are in need of developing a platform that flashes current job status in UC4.

Eg. If I have 4 chains running in activity window and each chain consists of 4 jobs (A total of 16 jobs) - We would like to have a Graphical Report kind of thing that shows 1) How many jobs in a chain are active currently 2) How many jobs failed 3) what all the long running jobs and 4) How many jobs are waiting for its predecessor to complete.

Would like to have some sort of live graphical flashing output.

Is there any way, we can produce it from UC4 ? (like installing some plugins and interfacing to external systems...!)

Please let me know your inputs.

Regards,

Sudharson.N

• 2.  Re: Live Flashing UC4 Job's status

Posted Jul 26, 2018 09:07 AM

Hi

what about using the Activities Window in "show hierarchial" mode

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Live Flashing UC4 Job's status

Posted Jul 31, 2018 04:13 AM

Hi Wolfgang,

This is known one. But I want to interface UC4 Batch activity status  it to external system. 

Sample Scenario:

1) Inteface UC4 to external system like Monitor (Not using any wired inputs  . I need plugin kind of software where I will install it in the monitor and interface UC4 )

2) Display the Status of jobs that are running, failed and wait for predecessor.

Regards,

Sudharson.N

• 4.  Re: Live Flashing UC4 Job's status

Posted Aug 01, 2018 04:41 AM

Hi SudharsonNarayanamoorthy603801

It looks like something you could achieve with the Analytics dashboards. These are available as a standard feature in version 12.0 upwards of the Automation Engine.

Here are a few example screenshots :

These are just some examples, there are many more possibilities. If you would like to know more, please check the documentation about Analytics widgets located here.

Best regards,

Antoine

• 5.  Re: Live Flashing UC4 Job's status

Posted Aug 01, 2018 05:39 AM

Hello Sauan,

You have pinned exactly what I'm looking for...! But I'm using version 10 and 11. Is there any way where we can pull out this widget to either version 11 or 10 ? If so, it would be much helpful . 

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Sudharson.N

• 6.  Re: Live Flashing UC4 Job's status

Posted Aug 01, 2018 06:00 AM

Hi Sudharson,

There are a few widgets available in ECC (AWI) version 10 and 11 but they're far less advanced.

The widgets available in version 12 cannot be backported as they leverage the analytics database that was introduced with this version.

Additionally, version 10 will be reaching its end of support at the end of this calendar year, so maybe upgrading would be a good idea  

Best regards,

Antoine

• 7.  Re: Live Flashing UC4 Job's status

Posted Aug 01, 2018 06:25 AM

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for your update. Will consider for the upgrade. Meanwhile, you mentioned there are few widgets available for version 10 and 11. Can you provide me those details ?  Let me check, if that helps my task.

Regards,

Sudharson.N 

• 8.  Re: Live Flashing UC4 Job's status

Posted Aug 01, 2018 06:37 AM

Hello Sudharson,

Please have a look at this documentation : ECC  widgets

Best regards,

Antoine