Has anyone tried to start using the new Version control released with version 12.2?
We have started to test this out and come into a few issues, using VSTS as our repository.
- When setting up REPOSITORY_SSH_DIR this only seems to work with out error if the key directory is set in both the system and client settings when not using the SSH directory of the installed operating system.
- Is there a way to unlink the branch from the initialised version and link to a new branch or refresh this if a branch has been deleted in from the repository? The issues throw an error if the branch no longer exists and has to be recreated before the link will work again.
- If there is an outstanding a pull request you can not commit until the pull request has been completed this means overwriting the committed changes. The issues is the pull request error on attempt and then the version control become unusable in the client it connected too. Below was the output.The above was a roll back to the initial repository but changes had been made but not committed which caused this error.
- The UC_VERSIONCONTROL_EXCLUDE only gets created after the client has been initialised with the repository. It seems when creating new branches any objects in this branch are also been added to the new branch and not been excluded. It would be nice to version control on folder structures or at least exclude entire folder structures from being part of specific branched version.
- The merge of branches always pics up all items due to changes in version Id last run time
I am wondering if anyone has over come any of the above or if these are known issues?
Below has been used for the most part but not sure if there is more to this documentation.