DX NetOps

• 1.  Aggregate State Change Detected

Posted Jul 26, 2018 04:46 AM

Hi,

I am using Spectrum 10.2.3. i am getting no of minor alrms like " AGGREGATE STATE CHANGE DETECTED"    and generating more tickets as iam integrated to servicedesk. 

I want to avoid to get alarm of "AGGREGATE STATE CHANGE DETECTED".Is it possible?

if possible ,suggest me how to do.

Latha

• 2.  Re: Aggregate State Change Detected
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 26, 2018 08:52 AM

The "AGGREGATE STATE CHANGE DETECTED" alarm is defined in the $SPECROOT/SS/CsVendor/Ctron_Gen_HOST/EventDisp file as follows:

0x01169462 E 20 A { v 5 Ctron_Gen_HOST.aggCurrState },0x01169462,1

You can use the Event Configuration tool to change the 0x01169462 event to not generate an alarm. 

Please reference Event Configuration - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation  for more information on using the Event Configuration tool.

Joe

• 3.  Re: Aggregate State Change Detected

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2018 09:04 AM

Hello

I performed some research and came up with this additional information:

"The Self Monitor and Process Monitor will send Aggregate State Change traps when you configure the SystemEDGE agent watchers for aggregation.

For more details, please refer to the documentation below:

CA SystemEDGE User Guide Release 5.9

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20Virtual%20Assurance%20for%20Infrastructure%20Managers%2012%209-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/PDF/SE_User_ENU.pdf

Chapter 3: Concepts

Chapter 5: Agent Configuration

Basically Spectrum generated this alarm when receive Aggregate State Change Detected trap. This trap is related to cpu idle time and sysedge has sent a trap based on the configuration in self monitor table on the sysedge model in Spectrum. As the CPU idle time breached the threshold, an alarm is generated in Spectrum based on sysedge trap. In case if you don't want this trap, you can either remove this entry from self monitor table or reduce the severity to "None" for this event.”

HTH

~Jay V

• 4.  Re: Aggregate State Change Detected

Posted Jul 27, 2018 04:34 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I have changed severity from minor  to None in Alarm tab of that particular Event Code(0x0116942) in Event Configuration and saved. It works.

Latha