Clarity

• 1.  Unable to export report in Excel format on CA PPM

Posted Jul 26, 2018 07:02 AM

Hi Team,

I need your help to find the issue. i tried to download a report as excel from CA PPM and its throwing error as below, but when i tried to export from jaspersoft i could able to see the output properly. Please help to identify the error and to identify the invalid character. Thanks..

Error Message

Invalid char (:) found at index (20) in sheet name 'GIL - CIO 2018 Goals: Top Proje'

• 2.  Re: Unable to export report in Excel format on CA PPM

Posted Jul 26, 2018 07:32 AM

I am not sure what the report is showing as result in PPM, but for example, if t he report is showing a list of projects based on a certain criteria, and you are trying to export the same to an excel file and getting the problem there, then I would suggest you to check if the SRM_PROJECTS.LAST_UPDATED_BY holds the value -99 (minus 99). 

Now this was just an example, to explain how you can try to check the problem. So you can find the problem records by running a query, like this: 

select id, name, unique_name
    from srm_projects
    where last_updated_by=-99

Then update those rows like this: 

update srm_projects
    set last_updated_by=1
    where id=(select id
    from srm_projects
    where last_updated_by=-99)

• 3.  Re: Unable to export report in Excel format on CA PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2018 10:56 AM

To add to that if the last_updated_date has -99 it won't be visible in PPM at all and that won't stop the export to excel though. However the error shows "Invalid char (:) found at index (20) in sheet name 'GIL - CIO 2018 Goals: Top Proje'" 

That means you have some invalid character which excel is unable to handle. Try the workaround mentioned in the link and you should be able to over come Exporting Report Unit to Excel throws error: Invalid char ([) found at index (0) in sheet name | Jaspersoft Community 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 4.  Re: Unable to export report in Excel format on CA PPM

Posted Jul 27, 2018 05:23 AM

I suggest, you narrow down or split the filter criteria and try exporting the results to excel in batches. You can then drill down to that particular data which is causing problem. 

To a similar problem very long back, dates like '01-01-0123' caused the issue.